Thursday, March 10, 2011

:: takeoffs & landings ::

Welcome to takeoffs & landings, my personal blog about my beautiful family, friends, military life, faith, home, scrapbooking, cooking, crafts, etc., etc. I'm a professional, but I also pride myself on being a homemaker, wife and mom.

It pains me that it's taken this long for me to start my own blog. After all, I've been a journalist for more than five years now, and I blog every day on federal management issues for Government Executive magazine/NextGov.com. Now it's time to talk about all of the other things I love in life!

I'm the wife of an active duty C-5 pilot who also happens to be my best friend. In September 2010, we welcomed our gorgeous daughter, Paige Eloise, into the world. She's now six months old, and I can't imagine a single day without her. Geoff and I met in D.C. in 2006 while he was stationed at Andrews AFB and I was working as an associate editor for National Journal Group. I moved to my staff correspondent job at Government Executive a few months later, and I've been with them ever since. Geoff and I were married on D.C.'s most beautiful day in 2008 -- April 19, and nearly one year later, we packed up everything we owned and moved to our new station in Northern California. Life here just isn't the same, but we're content. The main goal is to someday land ourselves back in D.C.

I hope you'll visit often! I'll mostly be sharing some of my crafty projects, thoughts on faith and family and insight into my own happiness project. Enjoy!

No comments: