Friday, March 18, 2011

Baby Bow-tique

I've fallen in love with making headbands for Paige. The ones in the store and online are ridiculously expensive, so I figured out how to make even cuter ones on my own that I can coordinate with her outfits. They also make great gifts. Here's a set I made a couple of weeks ago for my friend Jenny's beautiful little girl Olivia:

















I made the headbands using womens' nylons. You can find them in standard colors (black, ivory, navy, brown & tan) for $0.33 at Walmart. You simply cut off the ends and hand-stitch the ends together. I covered up the stitching by hot gluing coordinating ribbon on top. Then, you can hot glue a cute flower embellishment on top. I often make my own flower embellishments, but I'm also a big fan of Prima's fabric flowers.

You can also buy silk flowers at your local craft store. Cut off the stem, hot glue the different layers together, and then hot glue the flower to the top of your ribbon. I made this headband for Paige's Christmas photos using a black nylon, black ribbon and a silk flower for $0.99 at Michael's.
Isn't she pretty?!




















Happy headband making!

No comments: