Friday, March 11, 2011

Celebrating 35 Years

My in-laws celebrated their 35th anniversary last month. Since the birth of my daughter, I haven't had much time to scrapbook, but now that Paige is more on a schedule, I've committed myself to creating at least one scrapbook page per week.

Anyway, I used Paige's bedtime a few weeks ago to come up with a special gift for the in-laws, whom I love dearly. The traditional gifts for 35 years are coral and jade. I had a hard time coming up with an actual gift to match the theme. Instead, I bought a coral shirt for Paige and took her to get some special photos done. I then used coral and jade papers to create a scrapbook page in a special memory box. Here's what I came up with:



































I also created this gift card envelope using my Cricut Expression and matching paper:
















The papers are from Michael's. The hearts, letters and envelope were created using my Cricut Plantin Schoolbook and Accent Essentials Cartridges. The stamps and ribbon are from Close to My Heart. The frame is from Aaron Brothers.

No comments: