Monday, April 11, 2011

Getting Away

Geoff arrived home from this trip early this morning, and we're in luck, as I booked last-minute plane tickets yesterday to visit his family in Riverside, Calif., before we head off to PA and DC for a couple of weeks. This is what I love about military life (sarcasm): unless you have the rare chance to have actual leave, it's nearly impossible to plan anything. I can't believe this plan actually worked out, although it still was very last minute. With the C-5, which breaks all the time, it's never certain when he'll make it home. This is going to be such a special trip for the three of us. It's our first family trip, and we're actually going to get to see both families and close friends back-to-back. It's also a much needed vacation, as life has been absolutely crazy lately with Geoff's missions, 14-hour days here at home, and countless hours of work on his master's degree each week. I don't know how he does it, and at the same time, I don't know I manage to keep everything balanced here at home. This trip is exactly what we need. I just hope we're both able to relax. I also hope we don't have too many tears leaving the city we both love so much (D.C.) to come back to California.

Anyway, we leave tomorrow for nearly three weeks! SoCal/PA/DC here we come! :)

No comments: